Here is the first recipe I have made up on my own…
- 1-2 lbs hamburger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp group black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with peppers and stuff (prefer hot!)
- 2 cans chili hot beans
- 1 can northern white beans (this is what makes the title!
- Cook the hamburger and chop up the garlic and add it to the hamburger whenever.
- In a crock-pot put in the cans of tomatoes and beans. You can drain the tomatoes or not, but don’t drain the beans, just dump them in. Save the chili hot beans cans for later.
- When almost all the hamburger is browned, add the spices and cook for a while til the kitchen smells good.
- Put the cooked hamburger and spices into the crock-pot, grease and all. Recipes that tell you to drain the grease are foolish (not based on fact).
- If it’s not soupy enough, rinse the chili hot bean cans with a bit of water and dump it in for more juice.
Thanks to Tara for accidentally buying white northern beans instead of garbanzo beans. Without your purchase this chili would have been less beanie, less tasty, and less white.